If you have an e-commerce website, one of the best ways to generate interest for your product is through product videos. Video marketing has been increasing in popularity for several years, and it’s not slowing down.
Product videos are arguably the most effective element in a digital marketing strategy. This is because they can lead to better engagement levels, higher brand recall, and more conversions than other marketing content.
Consider this example: imagine you need a new vacuum, so you’re searching the web for a good choice. Which type of marketing content would you rather consume to help you decide which one to buy?
You’d pick option B, right? Product videos are proof that what you’re selling works. A study by Insivia found that viewers retain 95% of a brand’s message when they watch it in a video, compared to only 10% when reading it in text. Furthermore, HubSpot found that 72% of customers would rather learn about a product by way of video than any other content type.
In short, product videos are transforming the way consumers make purchasing decisions. If you haven’t already, it’s time to switch up your digital marketing strategy with video! Here’s 9 tips on creating high-converting product videos for your YouTube Ads, Facebook Ads, and website:
With most types of YouTube ads, your video ad plays before or during other organic videos. This means your video isn’t what they originally intended to see. So, how do you make the biggest impact?
1. Keep it short. Lower your risk of aggravating the viewer by making your product video short. Remove the fluff and get to the point!
2. Insert your logo or product at the start. To pique the viewer’s interest and increase brand recall, show your logo and/or your product within the first 5 seconds.
3. Use detailed targeting. It’s simple—consumers don’t want to watch something completely irrelevant to them, and rightly so! Utilize detailed targeting to show your product videos to audiences that line up with characteristics (interests, demographics, etc.) of your typical customer. This will save you money and improve results.
Facebook advertising is great because you can reach an enormous audience in a non-invasive environment. However, it’s hard to make a lasting impression due to the sheer volume of content on the platform. To see success from Facebook ads, your product videos have to be interesting enough to make users stop scrolling.
1. Catch the viewer’s attention immediately. Facebook users have an endless stream of content at their fingertips. The ads auto play, so the first 5 seconds of your video are vital to retaining users’ attention. To entice viewers to stop scrolling and watch your video, make sure those first 5 seconds are interesting! In addition, try using catchy headlines or a striking cover photo for your video.
2. Don’t rely on sound to deliver your message. It’s estimated that around 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound. Make sure your message is still understood when you mute the video!
3. Take advantage of the real estate with vertical or square videos. Most users view content vertically on mobile devices. To grab the viewer’s attention, take up as much screen space as possible by creating product videos with square or vertical aspect ratios.
Video content on your website should have a few key differences from the video content on YouTube and Facebook. Your website users are one step closer to making a purchase—that means your product videos should serve a different purpose. You’re no longer trying to attract attention, you’re persuading them to make a purchase.
1. Don’t cut out crucial information for the sake of video length. The user is on your website. They WANT to know more. If you have the info they need in order to make a purchasing decision, now is the time to give it to them!
2. Embed the videos. Use a video hosting service, such as YouTube or Vimeo, to embed and display your product videos on your website. Don’t simply link to your video on YouTube—it drives users away from your site. Also, don’t self-host your video—it slows down your site and can lead to usability issues.
3. Place videos on product pages. The best place to feature your product videos is…you guessed it, your product pages! Consumers expect to find lackluster product specs and paragraphs of text on product pages. Your video will be a fresh and engaging way for them to learn more about your product.
For years, Frozen Fire Films has been helping small and medium-sized businesses break through the clutter successfully with product videos. You know your product, and we know how to showcase it. But, we don’t stop there! Frozen Fire Films is a division of Frozen Fire, a strategic marketing and digital business development firm. By integrating our video production and marketing services, we’re able to provide a complete suite of tools for the digital landscape. We have the expertise to bring your brand to life through video and then market that video. Contact Frozen Fire Films today to see how we can help your business stand out with video!
Want to know more about video pricing. Check out our article here.